Ted L. Mann (Member)
I have practiced law my entire career in Alabama representing individuals who have suffered injuries and deaths of loved ones against some of the country’s largest corporations. I have tried in excess of 100 jury trials and settled cases for approximately 7,500 clients resulting in recoveries exceeding $350,000,000. I was lead trial lawyer in the largest wrongful death verdict in St. Clair County, Alabama resulting in a $6,500,000 verdict. I tried the largest slip/fall verdict in Macon County, Alabama for $2,600,000 and obtained one of Macon County’s largest commercial truck accident verdicts for $3,300,000. As lead counsel of a national class action against Life Insurance Company of Georgia, we recovered a settlement worth in excess of $30,000,000 for class members affected by certain sales practices. I have also represented clients in Georgia, Tennessee and Mississippi where we successfully recovered millions for clients injured in serious commercial trucking cases and product liability actions.
My first client was my mother, who had been injured on the job. I treat each client with the same concern and care as when I represented my mother thirty-four years ago.
I have been married to Venita Yates Mann for over 34 years and we have two wonderful children – Lacey Mann Woodroof and Nathaniel Brooks Mann. I am very active on many fronts at All Saints Episcopal Church, Homewood, Alabama.
- Alabama State Bar in 1985
- U.S.D.C., Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Alabama
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University, J.D., cum laude, Curia Honoris, 1985
- Member, American Journal of Trial Advocacy, 1983–1985
- Jacksonville State University, B.S., 1982
- Auburn University
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Board of Governors
- Executive Committee
- Sustaining Member
- The American Association of Justice
Awards and Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers – Alabama.
- Super Lawyers – Midsouth United States
- Top 100 Lawyers in America, The National Trial Lawyers.
- Top 10% Litigators in America, Lawyers of Distinction.
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 25 years
- Personal injury
- Car & truck accidents
- Premises liability & worksite injuries
- Wrongful death
- Defective products
- Work-related & construction injuries
- Drunk driving accidents
- Author of “Wrongful Pregnancy—Damages Recoverable for the Birth of a Normal, Healthy Child,” The American Journal of Trial Advocacy, vol. 7:2, 1984.
600 University Park Place,
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
Mann & Potter, PC is located in Birmingham, AL and serves clients state-wide, including communities in Jefferson County, Shelby County, Calhoun County, Tuscaloosa County, Montgomery County, Marion County, Talladega County, Macon County, Marengo County, Greene County, and more.