Hoover Car Accident Lawyers
Hoover holds the title of the largest city near Birmingham, with nearly 90,000 people calling the city home. Due to its size and proximity to Birmingham, efficient transportation is a big issue. Indeed, Hoover is served by two large highways–65 and 459–as well as a number of smaller, arterial roads and thoroughfares. While these roadways may be critical, they can also be dangerous. In fact, there were 155,907 car accidents reported in the state in a single year, the most serious of which involved high speeds when vehicles were traveling on highways and interstates.
Whether a car accident occurs on a highway or in a parking lot, though, the damages suffered by any vehicle occupants may be serious. At the law offices of Mann & Potter, P.C., our Hoover car accident lawyer are available to review your case free of charge today and advise you of your legal options. We are passionate about helping car accident victims recover compensation after a serious wreck.
Car Accident Types and Causes
Our car accident lawyers have experience representing those who have been injured in all different types of car accidents, ranging from single-vehicle collisions and rollovers to multi-vehicle pile-ups. Some of the most common or most serious car accident case types we handle include:
- Rear-end accidents. Rear-end accidents are, by far, the most common type of car accident collision. Rear-end accidents can happen at high or low speeds, and typically are a result of driver distraction and negligence. However, it is an error to assume that the rear driver is always at fault in a rear-end collision; sometimes, the negligence of the forward driver is to blame. We will investigate your accident to determine fault and help you recover the compensation award that you deserve.
- Head-on accidents. Completely the opposite of rear-end collisions in nearly every way, head-on accidents are one of the least common car accident types, but the most deadly. These accidents typically occur as a result of a driver falling asleep at the wheel, driving while intoxicated, or driving while distracted. When vehicles collide head-on, occupants almost always suffer serious, if not fatal, injuries.
- T-bone accidents. T-bone accidents usually occur at intersections as a result of two vehicles proceeding at the same time when only one driver has the right-of-way. When vehicles collide, they form a T-like shape; one vehicle collides with the side of another head-on. Like head-on accidents, these crashes can have serious and deadly repercussions for those involved.
- Side-swipe accidents. These types of accidents occur when the side of a vehicle “swipes,” or collides, with another. This usually happens as a result of an illegal and negligent lane change, perhaps as the result of driving in a driver’s blind spot, a failure to look, or distraction.
The Effects of a Hoover Car Accident
Regardless of the type of car accident that you have been in, there’s a good chance that you have suffered serious injuries. As such, the effects of the car accident may be significant, and may affect you long-term. We want to ensure that you are compensated for your harm, especially if the car accident wasn’t your fault. Ways in which a car accident may affect your life include:
- Medical expenses – Even if your injuries are minor, you should go to the hospital immediately following your car accident for treatment. That being said, medical costs are high in this country, and you may be left with hundreds or thousands of dollars in medical bills.
- Disability – If you have suffered a serious injury in a car accident, such as a traumatic brain injury, serious bone fracture injury, spinal cord injury, or amputation injury, you may be left with a permanent disability that impedes your ability to live life as you did prior to the accident.
- Lost wages – A car accident can result in injuries that are disabling to the point that a person is unable to work, either short- or long-term. Most people cannot afford not earning an income, and the inability to work can be a huge financial stressor.
- Psychological harm – Car accidents often cause more than just physical injuries, but psychological injuries too. A victim may suffer from depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after the accident.
- Pain and suffering – One of the most tragic effects of a Hoover car accident is the fact that an accident victim will likely experience pain and suffering related to their injuries. Pain and suffering may continue for days, weeks, months, or even years after an accident, greatly impairing a victim’s quality of life.
How Our Hoover Car Accident Lawyers Serve You
If you’re on the fence about hiring a lawyer to represent you in your Hoover car accident claim, our lawyers want to be clear about the fact that our number one priority is to maximize the settlement amount that you receive. Our team serves you by opening an investigation into your case, determining fault for your car accident, identifying all relevant insurance policies, evaluating and calculating your damages, filing a claim and issuing a demand letter, and negotiating your settlement offer. We are well-versed in Alabama car insurance and fault laws, and know what it takes to build a successful car accident claim.
Call Our Legal Team Today for Your Free Consultation
Established more than 20 years ago, our Alabama law firm is ready to take on your case. When you have been in a car accident in Hoover or surrounding areas and have suffered injuries, we can help you file your claim and get the compensation award you deserve. If you have questions about our services or how to file your claim, have had your car accident claim denied or have been offered a settlement that is less than you deserve, or have suffered significant losses, please call our law firm today at 205-879-9661, send us a message online, or drop by our Birmingham location for your free, no-obligation consultation.