Commercial Truck Accident Attorneys in Hoover, AL
In many ways, commercial trucks are the backbone of the nation. They bring fresh and frozen food to every corner of the country, deliver commercial goods in record time, and provide the raw goods that manufacturing hubs need. However, the sheer size of a tractor-trailer makes it a serious threat to anyone else on the road with it.
While most truck drivers are exceedingly cautious and respectful while behind the wheel, a number of truck accidents occur every year. They often cause serious injuries or even fatalities. If you have been injured in a truck accident in Hoover or a nearby community, do not try to take on the insurance companies alone. Let us help. Call Mann & Potter at 205-879-9661 to get started.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
The hours and days that immediately follow a truck accident are some of the most important in your personal injury case, because this is when the vast majority of evidence is easily accessible for investigation. After a truck accident, use these tips to protect your rights and get the care you need:
1. Call emergency services. A truck accident with injuries absolutely must be reported to the police. They will send both police and emergency medical technicians to check everyone’s injuries. When you call, let them know if there are any immediately visible injuries.
2. Take pictures and video of the crash scene. Evidence is crucial in a truck accident case. The truck driver’s employer will have numerous attorneys and investigators working in their best interests, so you need to get your own evidence for your case.
3. Get contact information for witnesses. Witnesses often stop to provide help or to give contact information to victims. If this happens, get their information and put it in a safe place.
4. Seek medical care immediately. Even if you feel fine, it is crucial to go to the hospital and get checked over. Truck accidents can cause serious external and internal injuries, and putting off a checkup could lead to major injuries going undetected.
5. Swap insurance and contact information through the responding police officers. Through the police officer on scene, swap information with the driver’s company. You will need to provide this to your attorney.
5. Call an attorney. Reach out to a trusted personal injury attorney in Hoover, AL as soon as possible after a truck accident. Ideally, you should have an attorney before the other driver’s representative contacts you.
Why Truck Accidents Are So Dangerous
Truck accidents are incredibly dangerous for those traveling in passenger vehicles or motorcycles. Their size puts them at risk for tipping over, which may leave the highway flooded with hazardous chemicals and materials. Their weight makes them more than capable of crushing smaller passenger vehicles.
On top of that, their structure creates the potential for jackknife accidents. This occurs when the back end of the trailer swings out to the side of the tractor, causing the driver to lose control. This can easily block off an entire highway and lead to multi-car accidents.
Furthermore, seeking compensation after a truck accident is often extraordinarily difficult for victims. If you are involved in an accident with another driver, you usually only have to work with your insurance company and their insurance company to get your expenses covered. If you collide with a truck driver, though, you have numerous parties that are involved in your case.
The truck driver’s employer will have their own attorney and accident investigator, as well as one or more insurance providers. The shipping center and receiving center may be involved in the investigation, and the owner of the truck may also have insurance on the truck. Getting the compensation that you deserve on your own is extremely difficult. You need to work with an aggressive truck accident attorney to get what you rightfully deserve.
How a Hoover Truck Accident Attorney Can Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
If you want compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses from a truck accident, reach out to an attorney as soon as possible. The personal injury claim process can be extremely challenging if you are simultaneously trying to recover from a major truck accident. Furthermore, even just figuring out what your next step is can be overwhelming. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, multiple parties could be liable—and as a victim, you may have no idea how to go after them for compensation.
Truck accidents leave a substantial amount of evidence behind. Not only is there physical evidence to analyze, there is also plenty of written and electronic documentation to explore. Your attorney can look for hours worked or break violations, faulty or delayed repairs, or evidence of unsafe driving. By combing through all of the evidence available, your attorney will be able to figure out who is liable and how to go after them.
In many cases, an attorney can reach a fair personal injury settlement without ever going to court. This lowers your expenses and saves you from the stress of the courtroom. It requires strong negotiating skills and an ability to craft a strong case from available evidence. Throughout negotiations, your attorney will keep you informed of your options and help you make the right choice for you.
A truck accident can change your life forever. You shouldn’t have to challenge insurance companies, investigators, and attorneys while also trying to manage your own physical and mental health. Hiring a Hoover personal injury attorney is one of the easiest ways to boost your chances of a positive outcome and give yourself more space to heal.
The team at Mann & Potter has extensive experience with truck accident cases. We know how these accidents can devastate your way of life and leave you financially strapped. We fight aggressively on behalf of every single client to try to get the compensation they are owed. We will bring the same tenacity and determination to your case.
Reach Out to Mann & Potter Today
Have you been involved in a truck accident? You deserve strong legal representation with your best interests in mind. That’s where we come in. At Mann & Potter, our focus is getting our clients what they deserve. Learn more about how we can help by calling 205-879-9661 or contacting us .