Tuskegee Truck Accident Lawyers
Being involved in a truck accident is a traumatizing experience, and one that likely leaves you with lots of questions and worries. Who will pay for your medical bills? What about your totaled car? Is the driver still going to be on the road putting others at risk? What happens if you lose your job or can’t work anymore?
We understand the challenges that you face after a truck accident in Tuskegee. We’re here to help. Schedule a consultation now by calling Mann & Potter at 205-879-9661.
Why Truck Accidents Are So Dangerous
Tractor-trailers are several times larger than the traditional passenger car, both in length and weight. This is the primary reason that truck accidents are much more dangerous than car accidents. If two cars are involved in a T-bone accident, there’s likely some major injuries and at least one totaled car. If a car is hit by a commercial truck in a T-bone crash, the chances of anyone in the car surviving are very slim. This substantial difference between accident outcomes carries through with rear end accidents, sideswipe crashes, and other types of collisions.
The size of a truck poses a number of challenges that make it inherently less safe than a passenger car. A vehicle of that size is more difficult to steer and requires more technique during turns, parking, and other maneuvers. A large vehicle also gains speed much faster than a small vehicle when going downhill, which makes it easy to lose control of the vehicle.
The structure of the truck is another issue. Trucks are very top-heavy, which makes them prone to rollovers. This presents an issue when navigating turns and curves in the road. Furthermore, truck accident cases have more parties involved than just the two drivers and their insurance companies. This makes it significantly harder to fight for compensation.
Types of Truck Accidents
There are several types of truck accidents that make up the majority of collisions. They include:
- Jackknife collisions. When a truck driver brakes suddenly, the trailer may swing to the side. This causes the driver to lose control of the vehicle as it folds into a 90-degree angle. These crashes can shut down entire roadways.
- Blind spot/sideswipe crashes. Trucks have much larger blind spots than smaller vehicles, so these collisions are a significant risk. When a truck driver cannot see a smaller vehicle in their blind spot, they may change lanes and drive straight into the other vehicle.
- Head on collisions. Head on crashes are extremely dangerous for those in passenger vehicles. If the oncoming vehicle is smaller than the truck, it is entirely possible for the truck to actually run over the smaller vehicle.
- Rear end collisions. If a truck rear ends a vehicle, it is possible for the truck to run over the back of the car. This type of accident can be fatal to those in the smaller car.
- Underride accidents. This may be one of the most dangerous types of truck accidents. This occurs when a truck stops unexpectedly and the vehicle behind them does not stop in time. The front of the car gets stuck under the truck and may get pulled off.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Tuskegee
A wide range of issues can lead to truck accidents. Some of the most common triggers include:
- Fatigue in truck drivers
- Distracted driving
- Poor signage
- Inexperienced truck drivers
- Unsafe maintenance or repairs
Fighting for Compensation
When you are injured in a truck crash in Tuskegee, you have to begin the process of a personal injury claim to fight for the compensation you deserve. Why is it more complicated than a car accident? With a car accident, there are two drivers and their insurance companies involved. With a truck accident, involved parties may include:
- The truck driver
- The truck driver’s employer
- The owner of the tractor-trailer
- The person shipping the cargo
- The company that loaded the cargo
- The repair shop contracted by the truck owner
Each of these parties also has their own insurance provider, and of course, everyone is interested in proving their own innocence and pushing off the liability to others. This makes it harder for you, the actual victim of the crash, to get fair compensation for what you’ve lost. No one wants to take blame.
If you hire a personal injury attorney in Tuskegee and begin pushing for the compensation you’re owed, you may be able to get compensated for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical care
- Lost wages
- Lost future wages
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Keep in mind that the average truck accident case is worth far more than the average car accident case. There is a lot of money at stake in a truck accident case, which is why it’s crucial to work with an attorney with substantial experience in this area. You will have to fight hard to get the liable party to pay up, and you want an attorney who has successfully done so before.
How We Can Help
Our team knows how devastating a truck accident can be, and we don’t think you should have to shoulder your medical bills and vehicle expenses on your own. The liable party should be responsible for the pain they’ve caused you. We know the lengths that insurance companies will go to in order to avoid paying out a fair settlement, and we are dedicated to making sure our clients are treated fairly. From investigating the accident and analyzing evidence to pushing hard at the negotiation table, our only goal is to help you get the compensation you need for a new start.
Schedule a Consultation with Mann & Potter Now
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, it’s important to act quickly to begin the personal injury claim process. The longer you wait to hire an attorney, the less evidence we can recover and use to build your case. Schedule a consultation with Mann & Potter now. Call us at 205-879-9661 or contact us online to get started.